Raise your hand if you’ve said these words in the last few weeks: “I’m so over all this togetherness.” 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️
Raise your hand if you’re exhausted from all the sadness in the United States right now. 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️
Raise your hand if this seems like a bad time to try to take on anything new in your home. 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️
For many many weeks, I’ve been planning a big thing for June. In light of current events in the US, I debated continuing on with this plan.
My thought process questions:
- Should I scrap the whole thing because my heart is just too heavy right now?
- If I am struggling to have the bandwidth for this right now, how will moms be willing to even listen to me, let alone commit to a positive change for their families?
- Is promoting a new course respectful to those feeling hurt and scared right now?
- Does Mom CAMP do something to make this world a better place?
- Am I making a difference here?
My thought process decisions:
- Mom CAMP focuses on values. If we ever needed to focus on values-driven lifestyle, now is the time!
- Mom CAMP builds connection within families. If we want to make real change, starting at home is not a bad idea. Before we can have hard, deep discussions with our kids, we need a strong relationship. We need a foundation to build on. Where do we start? Connection.
- Mom CAMP is in no way disrespectful. Instead it’s all about honoring our unique family situations. C is for clarify YOUR values. Everything that follows is built on the values YOU identify for your family.
- Mom CAMP can make a difference for your family. It will make a difference for so many families. Where you take it from there is up to you. Lay that foundation and build upon it. This is one small way I can use Parenting with ABA to do some good in the world. It matters every day, even now. Especially now.
So if you are ready to focus on your family values, set clear expectations, use more positive behavior supports in your homes, and make a plan to do more than just survive Summer 2020, Mom CAMP is for you.
Raise your hand if you want to connect with your family and communicate better. 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️
Raise your hand if you want to find ways to teach your kids about your values. 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️
Raise your hand if you are ready for the Best. Summer. Ever! 🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️