8 Signs of a Good Therapy Program
1. The therapist should have the proper credentials at Behavioral Analyst Certification Board (bacb.com). Check references for your therapist, which can be provided by the therapist or the center administering services.
2. Your preferred therapist should have experience in the area of autism intervention.
3. A good program will have a team of people working on the case, so that there is enough focus on the child and his or her needs.
4. Every program should start with an extensive assessment to understand how to set goals for the family and child.
5. Therapists should take time to get to know your child and write a highly individualized program for his or her needs.
6. The goals written for the child should target behaviors that are important to the family and should be goals that are agreed upon by the family.
7. As therapy begins, the parents and teachers should be able to observe the child in therapy.
8. Parent training is a vital part of a successful ABA program.